Welcome to LeeHaven! Today I’m sharing my most recent finish. I hope you enjoy viewing as much as I enjoy sharing. Do let me know you stopped by & feel free to share any thoughts.
|with Backing fabric|
- Size: 54.5 x 65
- Fabrics: Civil War Reproductions
- Pattern: Evolved naturally
- Block: Alabama Beauty with Inklingo Orange Peel Deluxe collection.
- Secondary Pattern: Butterfly, Circles, Tip of Trumpet
- Piecing: Hand pieced blocks. Machined rows together.
- Quilting: Custom by Deb Geyer.
- Binding: Scrappy
- Start to finish: 10-12 months
What surprised me the most wasn’t that I tried something new although, at the time, that was a big deal. No, the attempt wasn’t the big deal. What surprised me the most was that I had a tool that allowed me to create this amazing block. All of a sudden I could make that?! Hand piecing/inklingo is a whole new world for me.
Finally I’d have to say one of the most treasured things I experienced from this long term quiltmaking is how much you make a difference. I’ve had so much fun sharing each new block and you’ve been so wonderful supporting me. I feel like we did this together. Gosh, and I realized we made this quilt together in the middle of the AB quilt. How did we do that? Well, hand piecing is one of those after 6pm activities.
So there we have it, final thoughts. With much gratitude for all your on-going support and kindness, *karendianne.