Thought you might like to see Cabin Tracks finished – just w/o the border.
- Top (w/o borders) approx 2 months start to finish. I’ve never clocked my time. No idea if this is a record but it sure feels amazing.
- Block size 7.5″ – finished
- 48 total blocks – 4 sets (set A, B, C, D)
- Center square – 2.5′ – un-finished
- Sashing strips – 11 strip sets (consisting of 15 assorted 1×22″ strips)
- Current size (w/o border) approx 60 x 79
- Pattern listed in the BHG Quilt Sampler for American Patchwork & Quilting, – Summer 2003. You can find the pattern listed on the web by clicking here or going back thru your 2003 Quilt Sampler magazines. It’s on the front.
I haven’t settled on a border treatment but idea’s are forming as well as with name (no decision yet). I think I’ve mentioned this one is heavy with all those seams so I’m mulling over my batting choices. As for the quiltmaking, I’ll give it to you in four words: This was a blast!
Not my favor quilt though. A little too modern looking to suit my taste. Not saying I don’t like it. I do. Just not exactly my style. It’s somewhat masculine looking and I believe that, in hand with the modern look doesn’t do it for me. I like it though. It’s a cool quilt. It is. I have happy feelings with it since I enjoyed the process. …and that – enjoying the process – is what it’s all about, isn’t it?